Monday, August 25, 2008

Tomorrow is another day

I read a quote this weekend that was loosely saying that we need to ensure that when we go to bed every evening, we are certain that if we do not awake in the morning we will have no regrets. So all that needed to be done is done and all that needed to be said is said.

I then realised that if i had to die any moment, there would be so many unrealised dreams, so many suppressed feelings, so many "to be continued" episodes in my life that are yet to bring forth a sequel. It is beyond procrastination, it is taking advantage of every breath i am taking because i think i am entitled to more breaths. Am i ?

We leave so many things to the last minute and it almost glorified, how many movies have we watched where the boy/girl only admits their love on their deathbed and one last kiss is shared before the one dies ? what good is that ? Or where a character is diagnosed with a terminal illness then only they go out to fulfill their life long dreams and are completely outspoken and honest about who they are or what they feel ?

I wish i could conclude this blog with a bang about how i am quitting my job today to follow my dream, with interim breaks of travelling through Africa or how i am going to get in my car and drive in your direction to tell YOU how you make me feel but even saying all this out loud i can type another blog completely edited by my practical side with all the possible repercussions of my "would be" actions. Battle of the head and heart, and in my world the head always wins.

No comments: